The fastest and most efficient way to learn kitesurfing. You will be alone with an instructor, so you will have one kite and the full attention of your instructor the whole time. Every mistake can be corrected immediately.
Private lessons are perfect for any level, so for the first tries as well as for learning new tricks, jumping, waveriding, you name it...
For younger kids from 8 to 11 years the private lesson is the most recommended and sometimes the only possible way of learning kitesurfing.
Depending on your physical condition, we recommend 2 or 3 hours per day.
|Prices per person in €||1 person||2 people booking together|
|2h per day||3h per day||2h per day (price per person)||3h per day (price per person)|
These prices are only valid if booked and paid in advance or at the beginning of the course. If the student prefers to pay in a daily basis, then the 1 day price will apply for each day.
We offer special discounts for big groups or people booking together. Ask us!
Included in all lessons / courses: insurance (3rd party and accident insurance; equipment is also covered, so if something breaks, it's on us), all the necessary equipment, transport from Tarifa to the beach, rescue boat (from 1-Jun until 30-Sept.)
Best price guarantuee: if you find some better prices in Tarifa from some other official kite school (sorry, we can't take any illegal schools into consideration), then send us their offer by e-mail and we will match it!
The students usually progress faster than in the group lessons or semi private lesson, so as a basic guideline see below, what an average student learns in a private lesson in 2 hours per day.
- 1st day
- Basic theory of kitesurfing, wind, equipment, how to fly a kite, safety, etc.
- Set up of a small 2-line foil kite. The 2-line foil kite is the safest kite for the first exercises, as it doesn´t develop too much pull and instantly depowers, when you let go the bar
- Starting, flying and landing a 2-line foil kite on the beach, with different exercises.
- Set up of a 4-line tube kite, safety precautions.
- Starting, flying and landing a 4-line tube kite on the beach with various exercises. The student learns how to control the kite one-handed, to fly controlled 8s with sufficient power in the kite. Simulation of everything, that we need to do in the water afterwards, on land, as: bodydrag 2-handed, one-handed, sitting position, putting the feet in the footstraps, first waterstarts and standing up( depending on conditions).
- 2nd day
- Theory of bodydragging, kite relaunching from the water, waterstarting and first rides
- Set up of a bigger 4-line tube kite. Practising 2-handed and one-handed bodydrag.
- Getting comfortable with the kite in the water in different positions and on different courses( downwind/ upwind)
- Practising the relauch of the kite from the water( depending on conditions)
- Using the board in the water, putting the feet in the footstraps and keeping a stable position( the back upwinds, board 90 degrees to the wind)
- Practising waterstarts; first steady pull exercises, getting up on the board and riding the first metres. Now you are kitesurfing!!!
The progress especially from end of day 2 on depends a lot on the student