Our group lessons are dynamic, you will learn in reduced groups of maximum 4 people. The ´buddy system¨, 2 people sharing one set of equipment, allows you to have some time to recover forces and concentration, while also learning from and with your buddy.
- 3h or 4h of group lesson per day; we recommend 4h per day to get the most out of it
- the progress depends on the prevailing conditions, the student and the amount of hours per day. As a basic guideline below you can see, what an average student learns during the different days in 4 hours per day, if he starts from zero.
- If a student has already done something, we will put him in a group of his level. So he can save himself some time and doesn´t need to repeat everything.
Taster group lesson (max. 4 students per instructor): 2h only 50€!!!
Special offer summer 2015:¡¡ 5 days/ 15 hours for only 260€ per person and 5 days/ 20 hours for only 340€ per person!!
|Prices in €||1 person||2 people booking together|
|3h per day||4h per day||3h per day (price per person)||4h per day (price per person)|
These prices are only valid if booked and paid in advance or at the beginning of the course. If the student prefers to pay in a daily basis, then the 1 day price will apply for each day.
We offer special discounts for big groups or people booking together. Ask us!
Included in all lessons / courses: insurance (3rd party and accident insurance; equipment is also covered, so if something breaks, it's on us), all the necessary equipment, transport from Tarifa to the beach, rescue boat (from 1-Jun until 30-Sept.)
Best price guarantuee: if you find some better prices in Tarifa from some other official kite school (sorry, we can't take any illegal schools into consideration), then send us their offer by e-mail and we will match it!
- 1st day
- Basic theory of kitesurfing, wind, equipment, how to fly a kite, safety, etc.
- Set up of a small 2-line foil kite. The 2-line foil kite is the safest kite for the first exercises, as it doesn´t develop too much pull and instantly depowers, when you let go the bar
- Starting, flying and landing a 2-line foil kite on the beach, with different exercises.
- Set up of a 4-line tube kite, safety precautions.
- Starting, flying and landing a 4-line tube kite on the beach with various exercises. The student learns how to control the kite one-handed, to fly controlled 8s with sufficient power in the kite. Simulation of everything, that we need to do in the water afterwards, on land, as: bodydrag 2-handed, one-handed, sitting position, putting the feet in the footstraps, first waterstarts and standing up( depending on conditions).
- 2nd day
- Theory of bodydragging, kite relaunching from the water, waterstarting and first rides
- Set up of a bigger 4-line tube kite. Practising 2-handed and one-handed bodydrag.
- Getting comfortable with the kite in the water in different positions and on different courses( downwind/ upwind)
- Practising the relauch of the kite from the water( depending on conditions)
- Using the board in the water, putting the feet in the footstraps and keeping a stable position( the back upwinds, board 90 degrees to the wind)
- Practising waterstarts; first steady pull exercises, getting up on the board and riding the first metres. Now you are kitesurfing!!!
The progress, especially from end of day 2 on, depends a lot on the student.